The Silicon Mind

Find everything here. And maybe some stuff in between.

SM's Popular:
Antonio on Religion and Exclusivity.
Michael on Small Arms.
Contributors:
Antonio, Michael Belinsky, Mike Maio

Thursday, November 18, 2004

US Citizenship... wtf?????

So I'm a US citizen as of this morning. Wtf? Apparently, my dad took the oath this morning. I knew nothing of this until today. Yes, I knew nothing of this yearlong process until today. And today I find out I'm a US citizen. This is really weird...

A couple of weeks ago, my parents sat down and asked me whether I would ever become a US citizen. I commented that, at least in the near future, I wouldn't want to, and listed my reasons (the draft, taking an oath to a nation I didn't particularly agree with most of the time, etc). And now I find out I'm a US citizen...

The other side effect of this is that my older brother is now the only non-USian in my family. This is inordinately weird. On the bright side, I can vote in the next election (and I will). On the 'wtf' side... Wtf?

Okay, I have to go get ready now. Calc quiz in an hour. That's gonna be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home